How to earn additional entries in this giveaway: 7. Become a fan of Mamalita: An Adoption Memoir on Facebook!
When Jessica O'Dwyer and her husband fell in love with the online photo of a Guatemalan baby girl, they had no idea of the twisted journey that awaited them. Their eagerness to become adoptive parents lured them into signing with an inept LA agency whose slapdash methods left the couple fearful that their baby would never come home. At that point, Jessica made the brave decision to move to Guatemala, learning how to care for baby Olivia, while at the same time struggling to break through the bureaucratic indifference that stood in the way of making Olivia hers forever.
Kirkus Reviews calls this memoir, "a scathing critique on a foreign adoption system and one woman's attempt to fight it."
Author Joyce Maynard describes Mamalita as a book about the nature of parenthood, "the fierce love and loyalty that makes it possible for us to do more than we ever knew we were capable of." You may have a good cry when you get to the end; I certainly did!
You can learn more about Jessica's story on her blog.
We're delighted to have TWO copies of Mamalita, courtesy of Seal Press, to award to two lucky readers. To enter this giveaway, leave a comment answering this question:
How has being a mom or dad drawn out your inner strength? Or if you're not a parent, what important relationship or situation has demanded that you act with courage?
1. Follow our blog (publicly) and leave another comment (or let us know if you already are).
2. Subscribe to the Mama Memo and leave another comment (or let us know if you already are).
3. Blog about the giveaway, and link back here. Post your blog entry before you comment.
4. Add the Mama Manifesto button to your sidebar.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway: "Giveaway- Win a copy of Mamalita: An Adoption Memoir from @MamaManifesto. Enter at mamamanifesto.com"
6. Become a fan of Mama Manifesto on Facebook by clicking the button on the left.
This giveaway will be closed Saturday at 11 p.m. and the winner will be announced next Sunday!
How to earn additional entries in this giveaway:
7. Become a fan of Mamalita: An Adoption Memoir on Facebook!