I was very excited to see a new book about the beloved, Madeline. I grew up reading about Madeline, and now my daughter gets to experience this character who lives amongst little girls and Miss Clavel. I can still remember the first time I read about Madeline and her ailing appendix.
“The idea for sending Madeline to the White House was my grandfather’s and grew out of his friendship with Jacqueline Kennedy. In a series of letters from late 1961 and early 1962, my grandfather sounded out the First Lady on ideas for the book, which he proposed calling “Madeline visits Caroline,” with text from Mrs. Kennedy herself. My grandfather died in 1961, before the book was finished.” – John Bemelmans Marciano, author and illustrator of Madeline at the White House and grandson of Madeline creator Ludwig Bemelmans
- Madeline 16” Soft Doll
- Madeline 23 Piece Tin Tea Set
- Copy of the new book Madeline at the White House!
Retail value $68.00 per pack
Giveaway courtesy of Peguin Group
To be entered in this giveaway please leave us a comment answering the following question:
"What was your favorite Madeline book to read while growing up, or your favorite Madeline book to read to your children?"
1. Follow our blog (publicly) and leave another comment (or let us know if you already are).
2. Subscribe to the Mama Memo and leave another comment (or let us know if you already are).
3. Blog about the giveaway, and link back here. Post your blog entry before you comment.
4. Add the Mama Manifesto button to your sidebar.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway: "Giveaway- Win a Madeline prize pack from @MamaManifesto. Enter at mamamanifesto.com"
6. Become a fan of Mama Manifesto on Facebook by clicking the button on the left.
[This giveaway will be closed Saturday at 11 p.m. and the winner will be announced next Sunday!]